Vape Dojo

You must be 18+, and it must be legal in your jurisdiction to order or use these products.

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:

It can be very frustrating when there seems to be issues with your device. Sometimes it could be something simple like running low on liquid, running out of battery charge, or simply burning out your atomizing device (cartomizer/tank/clearomizer). Having the power of knowledge is something that can save you time, money, energy, as well as prevent you from going back to smoking. Here are a few common problems that arise with devices that Vape Dojo provides.

EGO BATTERIES:

Problem: I charged my battery and nothing happens! The button on my vape doesn't light up at all!

Answer: Click the battery button really quick five or six times. This will unlock the battery. Click fast like you are double-clicking a mouse. Click it like this to lock and unlock the battery. This is a good feature to have if you want to carry your vape in your pocket or purse and do not want it to activate unintentionally.

Problem:
My battery light is on, and my clearomizer is screwed on, but there is no vape!

Answer:
This is most likely a center-pin issue. Usually this happens when the center pin connected to the battery, where the clearomizer/cartomizer/tank connects to the battery is recessed because of a previous attachment causing it to slightly collapse. This is something that happens to the best of us, and can easily be fixed. There are a few things you can do at this point. You can take a nail-file, the kind attached to a nail-clipper, and raise the center-pin gradually by the edges of it with the file. You may need to raise it by three or four different angles to evenly graduate the center pin back to it’s original spot. Make sure that you do not use too much force, because this may cause the pin to completely dislodge from the battery. If you are using mostly ego threaded devices such as the ego cartomizers or our clearomizers, you do not have to completely tighten them onto the battery for them to work. Over tightening can cause the pin to collapse again, depending on how loose the pin has become. Here is a good video made by someone else that shows the problem and the fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x95J3ljQ54

To prevent this issue, do not wrench down when you screw things onto your battery. Just do enough to make sure it makes contact.

CLEAROMIZERS:
Problem:
My clearomizer is leaking juice from the bottom, what is going on, or is this just junk?
Answer:
Clearomizers can have the tendency of leaking for a couple different reasons. If it is new, it is usually because it has been overfilled, or there is liquid in the center air-tube, and it is leaking from the battery connection. You can confirm it is this by trying to take a puff, and seeing if you can get a clear, clean hit or if it’s gurgling. There is an easy solution for this, for clearomizers. Simply blow through the cartomizer through the mouthpiece, with a tissue at the end to catch the liquid coming out of the air-tube. This may be more difficult if you are using a juice with a higher amount of vegetable glycerin because the liquid would be thicker.

Problem:
My clearomizer is STILL leaking...I blew out all the fluid from the airhole, but liquid is acutally coming out from the side of the clearomizer where the metal meets the glass... It’s getting everywhere, I am wasting juice, and my pocket is full of juice. Do I have to throw this away?
Answer:
This usually happens with the rebuildable clearomizer. What will happen is the bottom connection of the clearomizer is not completely screwed on to the body of the clearomizer. Just simply get a good grasp on the bottom, maybe with a little pair of pliers, and gently but firmly screw the body of the clearomizer on, making sure that it is completely mesh with the indentations of the screws correctly. Don’t overtighten!

PROBLEM:
There is still juice leaking, even though I tightened it completely on, and it is still coming from the side of the glass itself. What happened?
Answer:
This is where the clearomizer may be too far gone. It may be because parts of the clearomizer were overtightened and subsequently cracked under pressure, might be because the clearomizer became too hot from constant repetitive vaping, or it might even be from shipping, falling, or some other type of trauma. There is not much you can do at this point, and it is up to your discretion if it’s worth taping up and letting the show go on, or if it is too much of a headache and not worth the time or energy.

CARTOMIZERS:
Problem:
I just received my cartomizer. I just filled it up, but now when I try to take a hit and fire the battery, I get no suction, and then all of a sudden I’ll get a surge and liquid will pop into my mouth! After that happened, I take a puff, and it goes from being completely clogged to giving little gurgles and I am getting little, if any vapor out of it. What’s going on?
Answer:
What happened in this case is the cartomizer was overfilled, and the excess liquid is preventing it from functioning properly. Take the cartomizer off of the battery, and take a napkin/tissue and use your pinky finger to poke into the battery connection area of the cartomizer and dab the area. You will see when you take your pinky out that there will be liquid saturating the napkin. Use a dry part of the napkin, and with your pinky repeat the process. Do this until you see no more liquid on the napkin when you try to wipe it. Also you should clean the battery connection plate/center-pin of your battery with a q-tip, to wipe off extra juice. Now simply try to inhale through the cartomizer and check to see see if you receive a clear hit, without it being connected to the battery. If there is still an obstruction, then put the napkin on the end of the cartomizer, and gently blow through the cartomizer, and repeat the cleaning process. Repeat these instructions until you can get a clean, clear hit through your cartomizer.

Written by Vape Dojo — January 18, 2013

Comments

Dennis:

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and the
rest of the site is also really good.

My web site … love quotes from movies, Dennis,

March 03 2014 at 04:03 PM

levi:

I just got my vapor pen yesterday and it worked for like 10 mins now it does nothin but flashes about 12-13times it charges and the battery works fine if I take the gtank off but once its connected or touches the battery it flashes again what is the problem

March 09 2014 at 01:03 PM

Alyson:

i got the EGO-CE4 a few days ago and charged it over night but when i got to use it the light flashes about 10 times and then nothing i cant use it, when i bought it it was ready to use with the battery charged ready but nothing since i charged it and i am now getting frustrated as i waited till my tobacco run out before using it im close to buying more tobacco to smoke HELP

March 12 2014 at 06:03 AM

Aaron:

When ever I hold down the middle button in order to take a hit it just blinks 10 times (I counted) then that’s it. When I plug it into the charger it is fully charged. Any help?

March 12 2014 at 04:03 PM

Lesley:

I got my ecig today I put it on to charge and the light stays green on charger and blue on the ecig but when I attach my cartridge nothing happens

March 12 2014 at 06:03 PM

Leo:

My ego-t battery was working fine, then it ran out of charge after about a month and a half. Now it won’t charge and the blue light won’t turn on when i push the button. I’ve tried cleaning the connection ports, raising the battery connector, and different usb outlets. Any ideas?

March 13 2014 at 10:03 AM

Jovita:

magnificent issues altogether, you just gained a logo new reader.
What would you suggest about your post that you just made some days in
the past? Any sure?

Also visit my blog :: wap.wikiteste.com.br (Jovita)

March 14 2014 at 06:03 PM

Henry:

I just bought my eGo-CE4 and I took 2 hits from it and it worked fine and when I went to take another nothing came out I’ve tried everything but still nothing

March 16 2014 at 02:03 PM

Amanda:

I have the Vapor-X " XPS" works great absolutely loved it until I had to replace the Ce4 tank , I bought a Ce4 tank by “BLOW” and it worked fine until I unscrewed the Damn thing to change it , when it was done charging the Fucking tank wouldn’t screw back on every single time I got it on the battery it would POP right off , Now mind u I thought it was a faulty tank but I’ve been through 5 of these things now that is pure UDDER BULLSHIT

March 18 2014 at 11:03 AM

Amanda:

Does anybody know WTF happened? :-[

March 18 2014 at 12:03 PM

Grover:

I’m more than happy to uncover this web site. I wanted to
thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!!
I definitely really liked every bit of it and i also have you
saved to fav to look at new stuff on your blog.

Here is my web blog; Volcano Electronic Cigarettes

March 22 2014 at 01:03 PM

Kylie Moore:

Thank you so much! My light wasn’t coming on and I followed your advice and now it is up and running again.

March 22 2014 at 07:03 PM

johnny bravo:

Thanks this really helped

March 25 2014 at 04:03 PM

Crystal :

I just received my vape and on both of them i charged them and when i go to use them both just flash at me..what’s going on??

March 26 2014 at 09:03 PM

Apprentice Master:

This will solve all your problems. Buy a pack of cigarettes.

March 30 2014 at 12:03 AM

kyle:

this was super helpful it was the first problem, it seems like it should still charge even tho the battery is locked for hitting tho

April 05 2014 at 04:04 PM

mitchell:

I recently bought an Ego- CE4 and it worked fine until i dropped it and now the light doesn’t light up at all. If the battery is separated from the clearomizer then the blue light is permanently lit up until the button is pushed, then it turns off. I checked the wires and they appear to be connected to the right parts, but it’s just not working! Does anyone know what’s wrong?

April 10 2014 at 05:04 PM

Peyton:

This sight was so helpful! Thank you! I was just about to throw it away. Thank you!

April 10 2014 at 11:04 PM

Joakim:

So my battery works fine when its not connected to a clearomizer, but when i screw on a clearomizer it starts to blink 3 times, so it wont work when screwed on but works when noting are attached? what is the problem pls help

April 11 2014 at 05:04 AM

Bobby:

Hey I just bought a e cig and now when I put it on the charger the green light just says on but when I take it off the charger the e cig light blinks saying it’s low can some one help me please

April 12 2014 at 05:04 AM

pj:

Ecig says it is fully charged. And the battery is on. But when i try to use it the LED light blinks 3 times and is unusable

April 12 2014 at 10:04 PM

Phil:

Thank you!

April 13 2014 at 09:04 PM

Tracy:

So, the other day I bought the KangerTech Protank 3 and it worked for the first day. The next day I charged my battery and when I put my tank back on the battery it shut off. I pressed the button five or six times but it would not turn back on. Then I put it back on the charger and the light popped back on but turned off again when I attached my tank. I figured my battery was just broken so I went and bought another battery and it’s doing the same thing. What is wrong with my vape?

April 13 2014 at 09:04 PM

Brooke:

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web site is really good.

my web-site: mobile games

April 14 2014 at 03:04 AM

josh:

i charge my battery and it still wont turn on even if i press the button 5-6 times

April 14 2014 at 07:04 PM